Monday, May 17, 2010

Day 9

Sorry I haven't updated. I've been jotting stuff down everyday, but I've been quite worn out & a little under the weather! Many appologies!

Day 9
Ben dropped me back off in Giarabaldi & I headed to Tilamook..& oh the adventure began! a man pulled over named Jerry & gave me a gift. He said he'd just received it & insited that I take it. Its hard to let someone give me something when I know they really don't have it to give. I thank him for his generosity & hope it finds its way back to him a hundred fold.
The show doesn't stop there! a woman named Shem stopped me, as I entered Bay City, Oregon & said that since I'm doing a Cancer Awareness inspired walk, that I should go to Artspace fine art & great food! She said they have a special kind of water filtering machine that produces a 9.5 ph. Cancer can't live in an alkaline environment. So I go to Artspace, & I'm greeted by Frankie. A 5yr old boy that was the welcoming committee! Trisha, the owner, was inspired by my walk & it made her day she said. She is a saint! She bought me breakfast & is known to see people walking by & will yell out to them " are you hungry for breakfast?" They usually reply, "I don't have any money!" she replys "I didn't ask you if you have any money, I asked if you are hungry!!"
Like I said, she's a saint! She has owned & operated this sacred place for 22 years. My veggie omlette had zuchinni, asapragus, mushrooms,spinach, & Tilamook cheddar. YUMMMMM!! Trisha fell in love w Petunia. She fed her a head of lettuce, a huge carrot, an apple, 2 stalks of celery, & a half a watermelon! Spoiled that pig is!
Her cast & crew were welcoming & friendly, Along w Trisha, I met Kiva, Frankie, Vanessa, David, Christy, & Kennedy that set me off w some lemon bars. Thank you Artspace. I look forward to coming back to Bay City, Oregon & enjoying your company, awesaome art gallery, Yummy food! & great conversation again.

I went to the Tilamook cheese factory, had some cheese & icecream! then stopped by the Blue Heron for some wine & cheese tasting! Yumm!