Thursday, May 6, 2010

Day 1

Yesterday, was day 1 for Petunia & I. Ben saw us off & we started on the beach in Cannon Beach Oregon, right in front of Haystack Rock "the Goonies Rock!" my Graceland!! lol
Petunia started off in her stroller & for maybe a hundred yards she was fine, then decided to jump out of her stroller onto the beach! When I walk her on a leash, it takes about 45 minutes to go about 10 blocks! so I thought "great!" plus I figured she would run all over the beach & not listen to me! Instead, she was walking at my pace & stayed w me at my ankle the whole way. I was a little shocked! but proud! what a good girl she is!!
I met a young photographer on the beach named Thomas & met w my first couchsurfing.org host John Markham. We had a delicious trout dinner w pasta, salad & a yummy chardoney! while starring at the waves from his beach front home...& the weather, suprisingly, has been beautiful!