Saturday, May 22, 2010

Day 10 & Day 11

Day 10
Was kind of sore. So, took most of the day off at Bens grandparents beach house. About 5pm, I decided to walk to Netarts. I walked up a very scary winding hill. I met w Pastor Jerry Baker. Very nice & welcomed Petunia & I into his home w open arms. He made us breakfast & had the newspaper come out & do a story on us. Thank yo Erin for doing a story on us. Pastor Jerry, thank you again.

Day 11
On my way to Cape Lookout from Netarts.
When I arrived, I stayed in the "hiker/biker" camp sites, where I was greeted by the Martins! who were awesome. They helped me setup my camp-site. They had heard about Petunia & we talked tattoos for a bit. Russ is quite illustrated. Russ & Tracy were super cool. I made my rounds to see where the bath-house was & to meet some people & spread my message. I met some nice people, & a woman who also has a couple of potbelly pigs. Audi & Oamar invited to their table for a habanaro grilled cheese! & great conversation. Oamar showed me how to"mogule ski!" Later that evening, Joel, who was camping by himself, invited me to his fire & we had smores!! we had a good science chat! I had a good time thanks to Russ & Tracy, Audi & Omar, Joel & a few others!